Thursday, August 14, 2008

Pittsburgh Heads to Toronto; For Football?


PRE-GAME

This is something I'd like to do (time permitting since I DO work weekends. A little pre-game blog prior to kickoff followed by an amateur analysis soon after. I hope I can still keep things funny and head turning like I have. But, let's get to the real stuff.
Buffalo, has made a nice little 5 year deal to show Canadians that football fields are supposed to be 100 yards and not 110. At least when one of their players' get hurt, they don't have to worry about medical coverage, eh? Oh well, that's nice and all, but the Bills are still taking money away from their fans......then again, it is preseason. Buffalo has been everybodys pick (according to ESPN) to be the sleeper and wild card contender out of the AFC. Due to their easy schedule, they say. Whatev. The ball gets kicked off at 7:30 and I'll be sure to see how the first series for Roethlisberger, Parker, Ward, Holmes, and perhaps Mendenhall (???) do. Then we all get to see what kind of a back up Byron Leftwich is. Let me put this out there, he got pounded and picked off at every opportunity in Atlanta after being cut by Jack Del Rio. Gutsy call by the Steelers front office, but I like it.
Oh! And make it be known, Anthony Smith is not a thug. You can quote Mike Tomlin on that.


Here We Go!

No comments: