Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My first blog! A look ahead for the Pens!


Mostly, I'll be blogging Pittsburgh sports. Being from the 'Burgh, it's hard not to be bias. Plus, they're probably the only teams that can really elaborate on with passion.

Well, the Pittsburgh Penguins have rid themselves of the poison that is the New York Rangers. What a team the Pen's have. Big talented names along with the small names that make the little things happen. Every single forward in the Pen's line up has scored a goal at some point in the playoffs except for one. Tyler Kennedy...and that kid I'm sure, will not finish the playoffs that way.

The Philadelphia Flyers are next, in the Eastern Conference Championship. I hope the Flyers are nervous. They've beaten a team (Washington Capital) who has to play in the Southeastern division, and it's hard to lose a game in that division after the trade deadline. Then they played a Montreal Canadien team that had 5 skaters on the ice and half a goalie. The question is...can the Penguins beat Martin Biron? Not, can the Penguins beat the Flyers? Besides the Biron factor, the only other questions the Pens face are that of a cancer named RJ Umberger. He's been a thorn for the Penguins and I see that trend ending. So far these playoffs, Mr. Umberger has skated with his head up. Unlike a couple years ago.



I also wish Rick Generet could of been the guy taking the hit too.


And then I found this. It's titles "Worst Announcers of the NHL". Whoever made this video...you are forever a friend of mine.

My thoughts---> Pen's in 6

No comments: